And this is when they don’t use photoshop………..
The company is all about making women look real and natural. :) I think even in their catalog stuff, they use minimal airbrushing, because they don’t want the models to look unreal and plastic-y.
And they’re all 100% beautiful.
Their boobs are all gigantic though, lol.
They didn’t really use any fat girls either. I have an idea. ;]
Define “fat.” All of us at some point in our lives have felt or been called fat, and none of us are exactly the conventional size used by models. I think we had a couple of dress size sixes at the smallest (and read dress, not pants!), but we were also shorter. I think we had people ranging from 6-14 in the top 10. Furthermore, it’s not the company’s fault for having nobody bigger, as these were the top 10 girls who worked hardest for votes. I would have liked to see more diversity represented, sure- the more diversity in modeling, the more often women can identify with someone and think “I’m not different or weird, yes!”- but only a couple of hundred girls entered, and the company could only make what they could out of who entered. In the past UK competitions, they’ve had gorgeous, bigger girls who’ve made it to the top 10, so here’s to hoping American adopts that mindset that our beauty isn’t dictated by our size. :)
Whoever said “their boobs are gigantic” is a fucking moron. It’s a bra company for larger breast sizes, so no shit their boobs are larger. They all look lovely. I’m especially digging the periwinkle bra set on the black girl!
A big misconception about the contest is that you need big boobs for it, which is totally untrue. A 28DD is the same cup volume as a 30D, 32C, 34B, 36A, but with a smaller band size. More people are actually a higher cup size and smaller band size than they realize, but America is really behind on bra knowledge. It’s a big reason this campaign was so powerful. I only hope more people listen to its many, many positive messages.
A lot of that misconception comes from people still thinking for instance Pamela Anderson was a 38D…couldn’t be further from the truth. My friend was wearing a 38D until I forced her, literally, to get fit…she ended up being a 34F/G. Friends don’t let friends wear the wrong bra size.
Ha, or people thinking that Christina Hendricks is a 36DD. I mean, look at my boobs. They don’t look “big” at all, but my size is the cup volume of a 36D on a 28 inch underbust. I don’t really look busty at all unless I wear a poorly fitting small bra that pushes ‘em together Victoria’s Secret style, but all that does is push my breast tissue away and forces it to migrate. It also makes you sag more prematurely.
Properly fitting bras are important, yo. If you’re curious, get a measuring tape and measure, without clothes, your rib cage right underneath where your breast tissue ends. If the number is smaller than the number of your currently fitting band size, guess what? You’re wearing the wrong bra size and not getting enough support. You don’t have to have extremely large breasts or even medium sized breasts to need proper support.
while I get what the contest is trying to say it still sucks. and whats even sadder is these girls were chosen by normal people too… (the company didn’t choose them they were voted by the public)
it’s funny how this contest celebrates “real women” on how they look and yet it still makes me feel like shit. why? well for one thing there is no variety. ALL of these girls are busty. Not only that but typically majority of the girls chosen were white females.
these contests really are problematic. instead of a contest where lets be real.. the voters ain’t gonna pick a girl whose “outside of standardized beauty”. why not just make an ad campaign that REALLY shows women of all shapes, sizes, races?
White? First of all, you’re missing out on four other contestants, who were scheduled for the next day. Two of the girls were black, including the winner, and the girl in the dark pink is Mexican. Yeah, I’d love to see a little MORE diversity and different ethnic groups, body types, and ages represented - where are my Asian girls, yo?- but to say that it’s your typical standard contest where they pick the best-looking, skinniest white girl is an insult to the girl who won, who was a size 10 black girl, and very much supports the message of this contest.
Maybe this contest wasn’t perfect, but it’s miles in the right direction, and it deeply confuses me when people scream that the contest is still imposing the impossible beauty standards the rest of society does. Despite what you say, not a single one of us would be “skinny” or perfect enough to ever be chosen as a model. Not even a plus size model, for most of us.
Why does everyone analyze marketing, media, etc. so deeply? I just don’t get it. I don’t look at magazines and think “wow, I can’t believe there’s no average women on this page”… I think, “oh hey, look, tampons being advertised… -flip page-.” Am I the only one?
I agree with ^ above. Jesus christ, must EVERYTHING be complained about. Really? This is a step in the right direction so please stop nit picking things so much.
but to say that it’s your typical standard contest where they pick the best-looking, skinniest white girl is an insult to the girl who won, who was a size 10 black girl, and very much supports the message of this contest.
…K but no one said that. No one even insinuated that. Nice try though. What she said, and what is represented in this one picture you posted. Not, you didn’t post any others. It’s not like it’s a photoset. It’s just one photo. She/He said: “Not only that but typically majority of the girls chosen were white females. ” Which, by this picture, is that is shown. If it was more diverse, you should post those pictures too. Because, and sorry to be so harsh, what you have is a stunningly beautiful token woman of color and that’s all.
That being said: You all look gorgeous and this is a beautiful photo and you should all be very proud of yourselfs. Thank you for representing everyone else in this world!
- staticmanipulation likes this
- drucatic reblogged this from mr-mrs-insatiable
- natiibooh reblogged this from meditategravitate
- doom-kitty reblogged this from l0stkeys
- mentalminds1 likes this
- sense-of-poison-rationality reblogged this from estrangedlestrange
- flagget-spinning-in-glitter reblogged this from robyn-dances-with-wolves
- itsdarkbetweenthestars likes this
- odelay-de-la-torre likes this
- inkandcurves reblogged this from gaymommy
- gingahninjahkelsey likes this
- christmasplayists likes this
- dawasalmazhani likes this
- frostkarth likes this
- im-a-disasterholiday likes this
- superadventuretime10 likes this
- ironyofchokingonjacksdick reblogged this from alliqatorblood
- ironyofchokingonjacksdick likes this
- alliqatorblood reblogged this from maddieatsbrains
- maddieatsbrains reblogged this from nothing-leaves-the-internet
- em3tophobia likes this
- bellaluvly likes this
- befitbehealthybeyourself likes this
- breathehealthypeace reblogged this from drink-enoughwater
- uma-ruiva-perdida reblogged this from drink-enoughwater
- drink-enoughwater reblogged this from fit-country-girl
- d1r7y reblogged this from deepblue100
- welcome-to-the-fit-life reblogged this from exerciseandgreentea
- deepblue100 reblogged this from thehiddenperfectworld
- whereislexxie likes this
- quaaack reblogged this from meditategravitate
- comfortablefetus likes this
- halloweenykitty likes this
- halloweenykitty reblogged this from insidemycrazylittlemind
- lolashead reblogged this from run-it-up
- freshlymotivated likes this
- moovieekim reblogged this from run-it-up
- paranormal-dinosaur reblogged this from run-it-up
- emilythefitblr likes this
- healthyfox-daniela reblogged this from run-it-up
- healthyfox-daniela likes this
- run-it-up reblogged this from livingbeing-no-healthybeing
- onmywaytohealthyme reblogged this from one-healthy-habit-at-a-time
- onmywaytohealthyme likes this
- isis-girl reblogged this from one-healthy-habit-at-a-time
- one-healthy-habit-at-a-time reblogged this from livingbeing-no-healthybeing
- livingbeing-no-healthybeing reblogged this from the-journey-of-tori
- ellafantt likes this
- smilesotheydontfindout reblogged this from deludedsenses
- magpietime likes this